Monday, March 21, 2011

A Year to Open

Tuesday the strength was power snatch. I was working my way up to a single rep max. I ended up with a new PR at 50k. This was a 3k increase! : ) I was happy with my ability to drop under the bar and get a quick lock out. The WOD was 4 rounds of a 300m row, 12 pullups, 3:00 rest. The first round took me 2:47, the second took 3:03, the third 3:07, and the final round was 3:13. I completed this WOD in a total of 21:10 with the rests included. I defiantly felt a little pukie during this WOD. I was not a fan. : (
Thursday we worked on a snatch grip behind the neck push press. I completed 3 sets of 5 reps and I worked at 35k, 40k, & 45k. Earlier this week the CrossFit Games Open WOD #1 had been announced. It is a 10:00 AMRAP of 30 double-unders, and 15 power snatches (35k). Bill decided 
we needed to get a little practice before we attacked this WOD full throttle on Saturday. We came up with a fractured Open WOD #1 it was 3 rounds of 3:00 AMRAPs of 30 double-unders, 15 power snatches and a 3:00 rest. I was only going at about 80% strength and I completed 5+38 rounds during this WOD. I was happy with my performance. I am hoping to complete 7 more snatches on Saturday to get a total of 6 complete rounds.
Saturday was the BIG day. The day I  had been preparing for the ENTIRE year! It was time to get after the CF Open WOD #1. I was very anxious all morning and hesitated to sign up in a heat to complete the WOD. I finally got the courage to get my name on the white board and started warming up after a few heats were completed by fellow CrossForters. I grabbed my rope Bill counted down, 3…2…1…GO! And I was off for a 10:00 adventure. My goal was to be steady with my snatches and save some energy for the end of the WOD. Unfortunately I feel like this strategy slowed me down and I wasn’t prepared for the grip fatigue that set in. I completed 5 rounds plus 8 double-unders. My double-unders were solid; I did each round unbroken except one. 
The snatches were slow, and I kept walking away from my bar. This obviously slowed me down, but my grip was trashed and I was having a hard time keeping hold of the barbell. I was able to help out the CFF team by having the 3rd most rounds for the girls. Bill and Jennie had said they felt if we could have 3 girls complete 5+ rounds we would be fierce competition in the affiliate challenge. I was happy Hannah, Kirsten and I all completed more than 5 rounds and gave CFF a chance to be successful! : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment