Monday, March 21, 2011

Bye, Bye Security Blanket!

Thursday we worked on heavy front squats. I worked at 74k for three reps of three. I am happy to see my strength increasing each week. Hopefully next week I’ll be able to up the bar to 75k. The metcon was 5 rounds for max reps of :30 wall ball shots (14lbs), :30 ball slams (20lbs), and 2:00 rest. I really liked this WOD the time of work was short and the rest allowed for a decent recovery. My goal was to stay consistent with my reps each round. My reps were, 15/15, 15/14, 15/16, 15/15, 16/16. I was able to reach my goal and even tallied an additional rep the last round. I ended up getting a total of 152 reps for this WOD.
Friday the strength was push press. We were working up to a single rep max with reps at 5-3-1-1-1. I started at 25k, 35k, 45k, and 50k & then finished at 55k. This was a new single rep max for me, a 5k PR! : ) The WOD was 21-15-9 OHS (35k) and ring dips (foot assistance). Bill took my favorite purple assistance band (aka my security blanket) away and made me do the dips with just the little bit of assistance my toes would give me at the bottom of the dip. : ( This WOD was brutal on my shoulders and the dips were VERY SLOW. I completed this metcon in 10:24.
I took Saturday off to get some well needed rest!
Monday we worked on the shoulder press. I completed 6 sets at five and three reps. I started out at 22k, 25k, and 28k. Then I jumped up to 31k, 34k, and 37k for the reps of three. Monday’s WOD was a 12:00 AMRAP of 10 deadlifts (70k), 20 walking lunges (10 each leg), and 30 pushups. The pushups really slowed me down and the walking lunges turned out to be a little bit of an obstacle course with 18 people working out! I completed 4 full rounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment