Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Holy Sweat, Batman!

I signed up for the 8am class today and made my way to the fort. I left my house at 7:30am but got stuck in terrible construction traffic. Unfortunately it took me an HOUR to get to the gym and I missed the 8am but, at least I made it for the 9am class. Our strength today was focused on speed; we had to complete two cleans (with a full squat) on the minute for 12:00. We used 50% of our SRM so I loaded my bar up to 35kg. I felt like I was getting good pulls and had a big shrug. I really liked this strength today and feel like my form is improving. The WOD today was 500m row, 50 pullups, and 500m row for time. I knew my pullups would be slow especially with the heat and amount of sweat pouring off my body today but, I decided to go rx’d anyway. I did several sets of 5 pullups but once I hit the half way mark I slowed down and could only rep out sets of 3. My hands tore and I was outrageously sweaty, but finally finished with 7:50 on the clock. I headed up stairs to get in my last row and finally called time at 10:31. I actually liked this WOD a lot! I wasn't dying to catch my breath and I feel like my pull-ups
are getting stronger. During the WOD I was working on shortening my kip and coming right down off the bar. I would lose my rhythm a bit but I felt like they were quicker and used less energy. After class I worked on my ring dips; I did 3 sets of 3 with just ½ the purple band. I also did 3 hand stand holds, 1:00, 0:45, 0:30.

I am still working on my goals & will post them as soon as they are complete. Any suggestions are welcome! : ) I have decided I will work on a weakness (ring dips, dead hang pullups, handstand holds/push-ups, running, etc.) every day after class and develop greater mental toughness.

Have a great day and try to stay cool! I’ll be at the fort tonight for the 4pm and 5pm class…hopefully the shower I’m about to take isn’t totally pointless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment