Friday, April 13, 2012

Reflection

CFF WOD: Yesterday we ran a mile, and rested as long as it took us to the run the mile. Ran 800m, and rested as long as it took to run. Then, I ran two 400m with the same type of resting. My mile time was SUPER SLUGGISH…9:22. I know I am a slow runner but to be perfectly honest I think my time would have been a little faster if I was running with someone else. My 800m time was 4:41, which is abysmal! And then my 400m were 2:05, and 2:00. I’m extremely disappointed in my times for the 800m and mile. I did surprise myself with the 400m I assumed they’d be awful too since I had already run a mile and a half previous, but they we’re too bad. Throughout the WOD I never felt super fatigued so I guess that’s a plus, but it’s probably because I wasn’t going 100%. I really wish I had someone there running with me to use as a gauge. Oh well…

GOALS: I came across my goals from last summer. Let’s see how much progress I’ve made…
CrossFit Goals July 2011
·          Unassisted ring dips
o   I don’t have unassisted ring dips, I can only do one.
·         Unassisted handstand push-ups
o   I don’t have unassisted HSPU’s, I can’t even do one.
·         Dead hang pull-up without a band
o   I DID get an unassisted dead hang pull-up recently though! J
·         Work on a weakness every day after class
o   For a while (most of the fall and all of winter) I wasn’t working on my weaknesses every day. Once school started and I was coaching and working out in the evenings I’d take the lazy route and just head home instead of hanging around to do my couple of sets of dips, pushups, or pull-ups. I have gotten better at this the past 2 weeks or so. I’m GOING to make it a priority.
·         Get down & stay at 150lbs
o   I am NO WHERE near my goal weight. I’ve got about 25lbs to go I’m guessing (I say about because I haven’t weighed myself the last 2 weeks since I’m doing the Whole30).
·         Be more mentally tough
o    I can honestly say I have gotten more mentally tough. I have given everything I have in several WODs, made it through the 2012 CrossFit Open and I’ve not let negative outcomes affect me as much as before.
·         Believe in myself
o   I have had more confidence in myself and really am starting to believe I am strong.
·         CrossFit for ME! J
o   Well, this has always been hard for me. I always feel like I have something to prove. And since CrossFit creates such a competitive atmosphere it makes CrossFitting for ME a little tough. With that being said, I know I’ve changed the way I look at CrossFit and it’s not ALWAYS about the competition or having the fastest time or strongest lift. I’ve been able to be happy with the progress I’ve made in the gym. I don’t care if someone can out lift me or get more rounds, or a faster time then me. I’m happy for them and their progress. I’m even happier when I look back at my book and realize I just lifted 5kg more than I did 5 months ago, or that I took thirty seconds off my time. It’s time to celebrate MY progress & not be focused on where I stack up against my peers!

Obviously it’s time for me to set some new goals. By this time next year I want to/will being doing…
·         Get down to 150 & STAY THERE!
·         Additional Running/rowing WOD’s 2 times a week
·         Unassisted ring dips in a WOD
·         be 80% in the CFF “advanced” level  (19/24 categories)
·         Participate in a CF competition (War of the WODs, Life as Rx’d, Garage Games, etc.)
·         Attend a CrossFit certification (mobility, gymnastics, oly, endurance, etc.)

HERE I GO, J wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment