Wednesday, October 3, 2012

6 months later...

Well, this should come as no surprise that I've been on a 6 month hiatus and have finally decided to get back on track. This has been my typical trend the last 2 years or so. 

Let's play some catch up...back in May Zach proposed! It was the greatest day of my life & I couldn't be happier. We will be getting married in August next year. With a proposal comes wedding planning. I got a lot done over the summer in regards to the wedding. I even traveled over to New York, NY to find my wedding dress. However, with travel comes bad choices. I could careless what I was putting in my body...which is sad when I look back at it.

I'm tired of looking back at my goals I have set for myself and not making one bit of progress. Six months ago I set the following goals:

· Get down to 150 & STAY THERE!
· Additional Running/rowing WOD’s 2 times a week
· Unassisted ring dips in a WOD
· be 80% in the CFF “advanced” level (19/24 categories)
· Participate in a CF competition (War of the WODs, Life as Rx’d, Garage Games, etc.)
· Attend a CrossFit certification (mobility, gymnastics, oly, endurance, etc.)

Since April, I have left CrossFit Fire. This was a very difficult decision, but it was what's best for me. So having a goal specific to a gym I don't attend anymore seems a little silly. I haven't competed at all, I've gotten too heavy to perform as well as I want to in WOD's. Which obviously shows I haven't gotten down to 150, or stayed there. : / With saving for our honeymoon me attending a cert. is just out of the question. With all of these factors...I think it's time to declare some new goals that are more relevant and attainable. 

I have continued to make great strength gains even without consistency at the gym and proper nutrition. So I think I am going to focus my goals more toward my weaknesses and movements that haven't made much progress in the last two years. 

October 2nd, 2012 GOALS:
- ALWAYS complete more than 2 consecutive pull-ups when in a WOD
- Unassisted ring dips in a WOD
- Complete an endurance/rowing WOD once a week
- Practice dead-hang pull-ups 2x's a week 
- Practice muscle-up progressions 2x's a week 
- Stay gluten/grain/dairy free through November 22nd 

I think all of these goals are attainable and I am going to keep myself accountable. When I'm feeling weak or wanting to give up I need to remember how I felt after last year's CF Open. I wasn't prepared enough and I didn't place as high as I would have liked. I know I want to perform better! Training for the 2013 Open has officially BEGUN! I'm ready to start making progress and rank higher this year. :-) 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment