Thursday, March 10, 2011

Christine-the strawberry girl

Monday finally lived up to MEGA METCON MONDAY! I got to the Fort and saw “Christine” on the white board. I had never done this WOD but I was going to try to go Rxd. Christine is 3 rounds for time: 500m row, 12 deadlifts (body weight), and 21 box jumps (20”). Of course at the moment I’m a little heavier than I would have liked when doing a bodyweight WOD…but I managed to rep through the deadlifts. I ended up completing the metcon in 13:11. This was good enough for 4th place on the ladies record board. I was pleased with this time as my DLs were probably several kilos more than all of the other girls’.
Tuesday was a 15:00 AMRAP of 10 dumbbell thrusters and 10 knees to elbows. The Rxd weight for the thrusters was 45% of your body weight. That meant I was going heavy and using the 35# dumbbells. The thrusters were definitely super heavy and slowed me down. I only managed to get 5 rounds in the 15
minutes. Before the metcon we worked on a snatch grip push press. We were working in 5 sets of 5. Kirsten and I started warming up with just the bar to get a feeling for the movement since it was new to us. We walked the weight up slowly each round, 25k-30k-35k-40k and ended on 43k. My focus during the strength was to stay back and drive through my heels. I was very happy with my dip, it was controlled and not too deep.
Wednesday was a rest day, thank goodness. I needed a break.  I have been feeling really run down and enjoyed the evening at home relaxing on the couch. Hopefully I’ll be ready to get back at it today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment