Monday, July 25, 2011

Retrogress

I ended up taking Friday as a rest day…my body was beat up from this week. Team Saturday was “Kirsten’s EPIC Birthday WOD” I didn't want to miss this one! Needless to say her WOD was amazing; in teams of 3 complete 2 rounds of 4:00 AMRAP of 10 shoulder to shoulder sandbag push presses and a 40m sandbag sprint, 4:00 AMRAP of 10 ball slams and 10 pullups, then a 4:00 AMRAP of 5 tire flips and 10 pushups… ALL IN THE RAIN! I loved every minute of it. My team consisted of Rosie and Ryan Powers, we completed 43 rounds total. Not good enough to win the belt, but we sure got in a great workout. The tire flips were quite amazing...and the sandbag presses were a fun and new twist. 

I left Team Saturday in a hurry because we had a surprise 50th Birthday party awaiting my dad. Unfortunately the rain ruined the surprise planned at the golf course, but we still were able to surprise him at home and spend time with family!  The party was great and I enjoyed being surrounded by loved ones.

Yesterday I was surfing and saw Jennie posted on the CFF blog about Team Saturday; which meant she had also posted pictures of us WODing. I was eager to show Zach the pictures of us using the sandbags (a gift from us CrossForters to Billifer at Christmas) and the tire flips. To my dismay all I could see was disgusting pictures of me. I went back and I found a picture of me last summer just 11 months ago wearing the exact same outfit and couldn’t believe the difference…I knew I had gained some weight but honestly had no clue how bad it was until I did this side by side:



Normally in CrossFit blogs you see side by sides that are the reverse…heavy to fit. Well, I guess I’m the exception : / On a slightly happier note, this was JUST the motivation I needed. I’ve been hopping on and off the paleo wagon now for months and I have realized its HIGH time to jump on for a lifelong ride. Here goes nothing…

1 comment:

  1. Steph....while I know FIRST HAND how it sucks to look at yourself in a picture and cringe...don't beat yourself up. You are a strong woman and a great coach. You have set your goals and you WILL achieve them!

    ReplyDelete