Thursday, March 8, 2012

Deads, BJ's, and Running!


CFF WOD update: This weather we’ve been having has been phenomenal! So phenomenal that Bill finally programmed our first running WOD of the year yesterday. We went through 6 rounds of: with a 4:00 clock, complete 3 deadlifts (85% of single rep max), 12 box jumps (24”), 200m run. My deadlifts were at 105kg and felt heavy! Nonetheless I was the first one out the door for the first 5 rounds. Jamie M got me on the sixth round. :-P My times were: 1:38, 1:35, 1:44, 1:45, 1:42, & 1:40. I was happy that my last round was faster the three rounds previous. It was really nice to get out and enjoy the fresh air. The wind was a little pesky while trying to run back to the fort, but we all pushed through it. Nicole helped me get through the fourth round by literally dragging me by the arm through the door. Thankfully she was there to keep me from continuing my “slacker shuffle.” 
CF Open update: Last night Open WOD 12.3 was announced. It’s an 18:00 AMRAP of 15 box jumps (20”), 12 push presses (75lbs), and 9 toes to bar. My reaction to this workout…eighteen minutes of ANYTHING is LONG! This METCON is really going to test our endurance this week. I know I can rep out the box jumps easily and the push presses should be ok too, but T2B isn’t one of my best movements so I’m a little worried about those. I just need to remember to stay on the pull-up bar and keep moving. We’re all really going to have to pace this WOD so we can make it through all 18 minutes!
Weight update: Since January 1st Zach and I have been gluten free. Hooray! J I’m glad we’re back on the wagon and doing well. I have officially lost 14 pounds since the New Year has started, which is awesome! I am feeling more confident, seeing gains in the gym, and everyday it gets a little easier. Here’s to continuing our paleo journey… J

No comments:

Post a Comment